Sunday, June 3, 2012

how i rose to become a better person

hello everyone this is chris peeters here with another blog post and i am going to talk about what drove me to become a mentor, a coach, and a person who wants to own his mind and life.. I will start of by saying that my journey hasnt been easy but thats everyones story nowadays isnt it?? anyhow enough of that.. I was born in bergen norway on september the 21st 1980 at 7:44 pm. My mother was an amazing person, always affectionate, she made sure she always took an interest in me and what i was doing.. supportive and loving in every way possible..

My father was a decent person for the first 3 years of my life... he worked hard as a D.I.Y mechanic and started his own business fixing cars for people but he was constantly losing money because people were "burning" him, he couldnt figure out why this was happening and he began to become increasingly angry and bitter,.. he began to take it out on my mother at first, they would often yell and scream at each other for hours. I can remember going to sleep so many nights wondering if my parents were going to seperate, mind you it didnt really bother me as i had always been a resilient person and dealt with things rather well.. despite all of this my dad decided that he would go away and work on the oil rigs in alberta... he would be gone for months at a time but again this never really bothered me much.


What did begin to bother me was when he became both mentally and physically abusive to me and my mother on a daily basis... regardless of what he was angry about he was taking it out on the wrong people.. my mother would often come home crying from work for fear of what my father would do to her if she didnt cook dinner right away etc etc... I can remember being around 4 years old and playing at my uncle dales house and i was running around a glass coffee table and he must have become annoyed because he stuck out his foot and tripped me... i cut my left temple on the coffee table and was pronounced dead after being rushed to the hospital... they obviously managed to bring me back to life... Anyhow this cycle of abuse continued towards me and my mom until i turned 8 years old when Child and family services took me from my home and placed me into foster care.. my mom continued to fight for custody of me and managed to win.. we moved from norway to brandon manitoba in the summer of 1990..


I enjoyed most of my pre pubescent years and had a normal childhood... i spent alot of time reading and educating myself as i grew into a teenager... when i was 15 i had my first girlfriend... it went rather well... but like all relationships it ended... Moving onto highschool I was always different... i had long hair.. wore black clothes and loved heavy metal music. I obviously became a target for ridicule and abuse from my peers.. i was harassed constantly. It boils down to people fearing what is different and free.. much like it is in the world today and it seems to continue endlessley in schools, the workplace, in relationships.... people need to quit trying to control each other in all aspects.


Onward from highschool i enrolled in brandon university when i was 20 I studied psychology biology and botany.. i did rather well but i didnt finish because i partied to much.. I then began working in normal routine jobs and never had much success because i always felt that it just simply was a waste of time to do meaningless work for people who didnt appreciate me anyways and i started to become more and more cynical of human nature and life itself as a human being.

When i was 22 i met my first real love... we were incredible.. did everything together, talked about anything and everything.. there was no secrets, no lies... the perfect relationship.. at the time i was heavily into marijuana and i became increasingly suspicious of her activities outside the house due to the paranoia from smoking the marijuana.. i started to doubt her emotions and sincerity towards me and became emotionally abuse and distant.. and i knew that she was changing.. she started to hang out with a male more and more and ended up leaving me for him.. i began suffering from severe insomnia, panic attacks and depression.. i thought i was going insane.. i would find myself wandering around for days on end sleepless and anxious.. i discovered the linden method and began to cure myself of my anxiety and depression and tried to move on from her as much as possible.. but like any loss healing is a process and it took me around 3 years to get over her.. my anxiety reduction was gradual and took time to reverse.. I then began to read many books on self help and the laws of the universe and thought.. i discovered a wonderful book called "Think and grow rich by napoleon hill" and the film "the secret" Both of these things were tremendous amounts of help for me and i began to apply the principles of my newfound knowledge and my perspective on life began to change.. granted like any process i still had days and even weeks of bad days and i still was quite an angry person..



I then began to research the internet for home based business opportunities and i researched network marketing for over 3 years before i discovered mentoring for free... this program has changed my life... it is helping me to become more and more positive and gain control of my mind so that i dont fall back into old habitual behaviors.. I am learning HOW to be a leader and a wonderful husband for my new love so that i can give her what i never gave anyone else before.. i want to continue to inspire others to succeed and overcome adversity and help them tap into the potential that lays in every single one of us... if only each person on earth allowed themselves to see it.. this world would be a very different place .. i hope that you enjoy my story and find it inspirational and motivating... thank you

No comments:

Post a Comment